Mary Jane White
Recorder of Deeds
Dana Jacob, deputy
Annette Roth, deputy
55 S. Third St., Room 3
Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670
Phone: 573-883-2706 ext. 3
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
WE NOW ACCEPT DEBIT/CREDIT CARD PAYMENT
It is the duty of the Ste. Genevieve County Recorder of Deeds office to record and preserve all records in our office.
The public can come into our office to search our records & purchase copies of transactions. The public can also go online to view & search our documents. We are indexed back to 1896 and images are scanned back to 1904. If you wish to search & print documents online, we offer different subscriptions for you to choose from. The IDOC link is below.
Duties of our office
- Record and preserve documents pertaining to land transactions and other miscellaneous documents that comply with Missouri Statutes for a fee.
- Issue & record marriage licenses & provide copies to the public for a fee.
- File Military discharges (DD214) & provide copies at no charge.
- Provide copies/certified copies of public records for a fee.
- Assist the public in locating records.
Our staff will check your document to be sure it meets all statutory requirements for recording, but cannot:
- Give legal advice;
- Perform title or lien searches;
- Complete or fill out/type deeds;
- Supply blank legal forms;
- Determine ownership of a property;
- Verify that the document fulfills the intentions of the party recording the document;
- Provide notary public services for any document to be recorded.
The Recorder of Deeds office only records documents and advises its customers to consult with a real estate attorney or title company in preparing any deeds pertaining to real estate property.
Cost of Deed Recording
$24.00 for the first page, $3.00 each additional page. A $25 non-standard fee will be added if the document does not meet the State of Missouri document formatting requirements.
Marriage License Information
Both parties must appear together at the Recorder's Office with proper identification: Government issued photo ID (Driver's License, Non-Driver's License, Military ID, or Passport)
Please print and fill out Marriage Application before coming to the office.
- Marriage applications are taken from 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Marriage Licenses are valid for thirty (30) days from the date of issuance and may be used anywhere within the State of Missouri except for the City of St. Louis.
- Marriage License fee is $51.00. CASH is accepted or DEBIT/CREDIT with an added convenience fee. Fee to be paid at the time of application. PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- You are responsible for delivering the license to the person who solemnizes your marriage.
- The officiator must complete the marriage license, then return it to the Recorder's Office within 15 days after the wedding.
- Certified copy of marriage license: Fee is $9.00. A certified copy of a marriage license is as good as your original and can be used for any legal purpose including renewing driver's license and social security.
http://www.idocmarket.com : To search & view records on line.
http://www.morecorders.com : Missouri Recorder Association has helpful resources & information for your use.