Mary Jane White
Recorder of Deeds
Dana Jacob, deputy
Annette Roth, deputy
55 S. Third St., Room 3
Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670
Phone: 573-883-2706 ext. 3
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
WE NOW ACCEPT DEBIT/CREDIT CARD PAYMENT
It is the duty of the Ste. Genevieve County Recorder of Deeds office to maintain & preserve all records in our office. Our mission is to provide the public with information they may need & to answer the questions they have pertaining to our office.
The public can come into our office to search our records & purchase copies of transactions. The public can also go online to view & search our documents. We are indexed back to 1896 and images are scanned back to 1906. If you wish to search & print documents online, we offer different subscriptions for you to choose from. The IDOC link is below.
Duties of our office
- Recording documents pertaining to land transactions & all other miscellaneous documents that comply with Missouri Statutes.
- Issuing & recording marriage licenses & providing copies to the public for a fee.
- Filing Military discharges (DD214) & providing copies at no charge.
- Providing copies/certified copies of public records for a fee.
- Assisting the public in locating records.
Marriage License Information
Both parties must appear together at the Recorder's Office with proper identification: Government issued photo ID (Driver's License, Non-Driver's License, Military ID, or Passport)
Please print and fill out Marriage Application before coming to the office.
MARRIAGE APPLICATION INFORMATION.pdf
- Marriage applications are taken from 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Marriage Licenses are valid for thirty (30) days from the date of issuance and may be used anywhere within the State of Missouri except for the City of St. Louis.
- Marriage License fee is $51.00. CASH is accepted or DEBIT/CREDIT with an added convenience fee. Fee to be paid at the time of application. PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- You are responsible for delivering the license to the person who solemnizes your marriage.
- The officiator must complete the marriage license, then return it to the Recorder's Office within 15 days after the wedding.
- Certified copy of marriage license: Fee is $9.00. A certified copy of a marriage license is as good as your original and can be used for any legal purpose including renewing driver's license and social security.
http://www.idocmarket.com : To search & view records on line.
http://www.morecorders.com : Missouri Recorder Association has helpful resources & information for your use.